This page will feature "how to" info, instructing you on making many household goods :
Diaper Covers to Sew
Great link, I've already made one myself and it came out great!
Reversible Baby Bib
I whipped up four of these in an hour. They are fast, easy, and look professional-enough to give as baby gifts.
Click here for the pattern or head to
www.thingsforboys.com for the tutorial.
Baby/Toddler Sunhat to Sew
This pattern comes out for children roughly 1-2 years old. Cut a total of 16 pieces. Sew two pieces with right-sides together on ONE side only. Continue until 8 pieces are together and sew up remaining side to make a hat-shaped piece. Do the same for the other 8 pieces. Put right-sides of hats together and sew along brim edge, leaving one-inch space so you can turn it inside out. Sew up hole. I also like to add a couple stitches at the top point to keep the two pieces in place together.
How to make Washing Soda
1) Pour baking soda in a thin layer on a cookie sheet
2) At 400 degrees Farenheit, cook for 30 minutes to an hour until dull and grainy.
How to make Liquid Laundry Detergent
1 bar of soap (you'll need 5.5 oz)
5 gallon bucket
1) Chop two bars of soap into tiny pieces
(or roughly 5 oz) or grate.
2) Put into big pot with 4 c hot water
3) pour onto stove, medium heat, until it melts
4) Fill bucket half full of hot water, plus
melted mixture, 1/2 c borax, 1 c washing soda
5) Fill the rest of the way with hot water.
6) Put lid on and let sit overnight.
7) Next day when it is a gel, stir again.
8) Transfer into individual containers if you want
There are lots of books on Amazon about how to sew, check it out!