It's been a minute since I remembered my login info! Here is a list of what I harvested from my garden this year, which is my 2nd year in this new house. I am re-learning my soil.
My new garden is only 13x19 which is less than half the size I had in my last home.
July 4- 1 c spinach, 1/2 c kale
July 6 - 1 c kale, 1/2 c spinach, 4 stalks green onion
July 15 - 6 stalks green onion, 2 c kale, 1/4 c spinach, 1 Tbsp chives (pulled spinach as it was bolting)
July 26 - 8 raspberries, 1 zucchini, 2 c kale
July 28 - 14 yellow wax beans
July 31 - 2 c kale
Aug 2 - 49 wax beans
Aug 4 - 75 wax beans, 1/2 c kale
Aug 7 - 4 raspberries, 16 wax beans, 2 zucchinis, 2 peppers, 4 stalks green onion
Aug 23 - 4 big tomatoes, 2 peppers, 5 cherry tomatoes
Sept 3 - 5 big tomatoes, 3 cherry tomatoes, 2 peppers
Sept 12 - 5 big tomatoes, 3 peppers
Sept 14 - 7 big tomatoes
Sept 20 - 2 peppers
Sept 24 - 2 big tomatoes, 1 pepper, 1 zucchini, pulled all my dry soup beans and got a mixing bowl full
Oct 1 - 2 pumpkins and put the garden to bed. Got frost Oct 2.
We also received several zucchinis as gifts, plus a bucket full of rhubarb, 2 bags of apples, a bag of grapes, and we found 6 wild plums in town.
I failed to plant elderberries, grapes, and cherries - they just didn't take.
Lessons learned this year - it was too wet for zucchinis which are usually heavy producers. It was a great year for beans and tomatoes. It's always a good year for kale.
I will no longer bother with pumpkins, watermelon, or spinach. The dry beans took up space the whole summer for a low yield but at least I can preserve them easily.
No comments:
Post a Comment